The Belmont Woman’s Club has been a part of the Belmont community since 1920. Organized to encourage women’s active involvement in educational and philanthropic activities, the Club purchased the 1853 William Flagg Homer House on Pleasant Street in 1927 after learning that a developer planned to tear it down. The Woman’s Club established the Homer House as its permanent residence and has maintained the property ever since.
Members enjoy our regular speaker series and other social events throughout the year. Members also become involved in various charity and community events, and activities with other town organizations. Members can also host or participate in tours of the Homer House, and volunteer for other events related to raising public awareness about the history of the Woman’s Club, its relationship to the 1853 Homer House and Winslow Homer, and the Town of Belmont.